Senior Living in Antwerp, Ohio
Top zip codes in Antwerp, OH: 45813
- Antwerp scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Antwerp scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Community Memorial Hospital and Paulding County Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hickory Creek at Hicksville, The Gardens of Paulding, and Country Inn Enhanced Living Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Golf Course, Hickory Hills Golf Club, and Pond River Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Forrest Woods Nature Preserve, Defiance County Fairgrounds, and Paulding County Fairgrounds.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Antwerp Church of Christ, Harlan United Methodist Church, and Harlan Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.32% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,100, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,557, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,928, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Antwerp receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Antwerp has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Antwerp has a very sparse population density of 64.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Antwerp have an average daily commute time.
- Antwerp has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.62%.