Senior Living in Apex, North Carolina
- Apex scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Apex scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wakemed, Cary Hospital, Central Prison Hospital, and Rex Hospital.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cambridge Village of Apex, Rex Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center of Apex, and Brookridge Assisted Living.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 342 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including MacGregor Downs Country Club, Lochmere Golf Club, and Knight\'s Play Golf Center.
- There are 22 parks near the city center, including Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, Fred G. Bond Metro Park, and Crowder District Park.
- There are 143 churches in or near the city, including Apex Baptist Church, Faith Baptist Church, and New Horizons Fellowship.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 159 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 28 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $96,004, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,951, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,122, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,650 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.54%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Apex receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Apex has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Apex has an average population density of 637.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Apex have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Apex has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.51%.