Senior Living in Apollo Beach, Florida
Top zip codes in Apollo Beach, FL: 33572
- Apollo Beach scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Apollo Beach scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including South Bay Hospital, South Bay Hospital, and U S Air Force Hospital.
- There are 85 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including FILS-AIME NADEGE Adult Family Care Home, Freedom Plaza at Sun City Center, and Plaza West Health Center at Freedom Plaza.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 111 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 121 golf courses in or around the city, including Apollo Beach Golf & Sea Club, Riverside Golf Course, and Cypress Creek Course at Golf Club at Cypress Creek, The.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Cockroach Bay Preserve State Park, River Oaks RV Resort, and Little Manatee River State Park.
- There are 44 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Evangelical Lutheran, First Baptist Church, and St John the Divine Episcopal.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.09% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,290, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,937, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $40,031, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,450 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,057 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.72%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Apollo Beach receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Apollo Beach has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Apollo Beach has an average population density of 898.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Apollo Beach have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Apollo Beach has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.14%.