Senior Living in Apollo, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Apollo, PA: 15613
- Apollo scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Apollo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including West Haven Manor, Pleasant Ridge Mature Living, and Ross Memory Meadows.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Links at Spring Church, The, Willowbrook Country Club, and Apollo Elks Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Harrison Hills Park).
- There are 78 churches in or near the city, including Spring Church Lutheran Church, Faith Lutheran Church, and First Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,059, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,800, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,015, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.74%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Apollo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Apollo has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Apollo has a sparse population density of 233.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Apollo have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Apollo has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.72%.