Senior Living in Apopka, Florida
- Apopka scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Apopka scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Health Central and Orlando South Seminole Hosp).
- There are 140 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Garden Retirement Community Apartments, Sunbelt Health And Rehab Center-Apopka, and Apopka Retirement Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 442 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Lake Golf Club of Ocoee, Rock Springs Ridge Golf Club, and Sweetwater Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Lost Lake RV Resort, Magnolia Park, and Orlando NW / Orange Blossom KOA.
- There are 155 churches in or near the city, including Apopka Highland Seventh-Day, Pentecostals, and True Temple of God.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 251 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 93 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.94% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,631, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,053, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,340, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.56%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Apopka receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Apopka has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Apopka has an average population density of 805.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Apopka have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Apopka has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.53%.