Senior Living in Apple Creek, Ohio
Top zip codes in Apple Creek, OH: 44606
- Apple Creek scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Apple Creek scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Dunlap Memorial Hospital and Wooster Community Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Starcher Family Home LLC, Shady Lawn Nursing& Rehabilitation, and Wayne County Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 71 golf courses in or around the city, including Pines Golf Club, The, Riceland Golf Course, and L. C. Boles Memorial Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Evergreen Park RV Resort Ltd, Secrest Arboretum, and Foxfield Preserve Nature Cemetery.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Valentine William H, Eberly Edwin P, and Smelser Gerald V.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 42 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.23% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,742, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,274, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,756, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Apple Creek receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Apple Creek has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Apple Creek has a sparse population density of 186.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Apple Creek have a short daily commute time.
- Apple Creek has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 61.09%.