Senior Living in Apple Valley, California
- Apple Valley scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Apple Valley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary Medical Center, Victor Valley Community Hospital, and Desert Valley Hospital.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Crystal Garden RCFE, Rock Spring, and Skyline Villa in The High Desert.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Jess Ranch Golf Course, Apple Valley Country Club, and Green Tree Golf Course.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Horsemans Center Park, Yucca Loma Park, and Mendel Park.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Chapel Christian Camp, Ascension Lutheran Church, and Apple Valley Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,360, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,824, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,388, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.12%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Apple Valley receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Apple Valley has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Apple Valley has a sparse population density of 324.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Apple Valley have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Apple Valley has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.09%.