Senior Living in Appleton, New York
Top zip codes in Appleton, NY: 14008
- Appleton scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Appleton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Inter-community Mem Hospital and Eastern Niagara Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Newfane Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Absolut Care Gasport , and Odd Fellow and Rebekah Rehab and Health Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 33 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Newfane Pro-Am Par 3 Golf Course, Niagara County Golf Course, and Oak Run Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Niagara County Camping Resort, Golden Hill State Park, and Medina / Wildwood Lake KOA.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including St Charles Borromeo Church, St Mary\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.15% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of property value, which is higher than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,213, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,200, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,356, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,180 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $136,145 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $12,480 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.01%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Appleton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Appleton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Appleton has a very sparse population density of 60.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Appleton have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Appleton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.08%.