Senior Living in Appling, Georgia
Top zip codes in Appling, GA: 30802
- Appling scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Appling scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lake Crossing Health Center, Madison Heights, and Lw Vision Service.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Club at Jones Creek, Three Oaks Golf Course, and West Lake Country Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Wildwood Park, Petersburg Campground Usace, and Fort Gordon Recreation Area.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including Damascus Baptist Church, Kiokee Baptist Church, and Greater Augusta Christian Academy.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,926, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,066, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,682, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $26,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,175 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,235 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.43%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Appling receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Appling has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Appling has a very sparse population density of 47.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Appling have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Appling has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.77%.