Senior Living in Arapahoe, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Arapahoe, NC: 28510
- Arapahoe scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Arapahoe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Naval Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grantsbrook Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Cherry Point Bay Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Croatan Village.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (46% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Minnesott Golf & Country Club, Cherry Point Golf Course, and Links Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Don Lee Camp & Retreat Center, Camp Caroline Conference, and Long Creek Family Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse Assembly of God, Abundant Life Full Gospel Bapt, and Abundant Life Full Gospel Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,219, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,885, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,993, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,741 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,896 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.41%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arapahoe receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Arapahoe has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Arapahoe has a very sparse population density of 72.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arapahoe have a long daily commute time.
- Arapahoe has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.20%.