Senior Living in Ararat, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Ararat, NC: 27007
- Ararat scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Ararat scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northern Hospital Of Surry County).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Central Care, Central Continuing Care, and Northern Surry Skilled Nursing Facility.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Pilot Knob Park Golf Course, Beaver Creek Golf Course, and River Mont Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Homeplace Recreational Park, Pioneer Village Campground, and Pilot Mountain State Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including White Plains Christian School, Yadkinville Church of God, and Calvary Assembly of God.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.71% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,979, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,697, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,051, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,150 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,820 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.57%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ararat receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ararat has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ararat has a sparse population density of 101.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ararat have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ararat has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.34%.