Senior Living in Arcade, New York
Top zip codes in Arcade, NY: 14009
- Arcade scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Arcade scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city ( The Pines - Machias Campus and Jennie B Richmond Chaffee Nursing Home )
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Archie\'s Par 3 Golf Course, Concord Crest Golf Course, and Byrncliff Resort & Conference Center.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Buffalo Audubon Society, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, and Mountain Meadows Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including St Jude\'s Roman Catholic Chr, St Joseph\'s, and O\'Dell William.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,335, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,746, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,112, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.21%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arcade receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Arcade has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Arcade has a very sparse population density of 76.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arcade have an average daily commute time.
- Arcade has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.94%.