Senior Living in Arcadia, Indiana
Top zip codes in Arcadia, IN: 46030
- Arcadia scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Arcadia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Tipton Hospital and Riverview Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hickory Creek at Peru, Miller\'s Merry Manor, and Harbour Manor Health and Living Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 81 golf courses in or around the city, including Bear Slide Golf Club, Tipton Municipal Golf Course, and Pebble Brook Golf & Country Club(South Course at Pebble Brook Golf & Country Club).
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Riverbend Campground, Purgatory Golf Club, and Forest Park.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Arcadia Christian Church, Emanuel Lutheran Church, and Omega Christian Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.44% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,726, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,648, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,278, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,411 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,070 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arcadia receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Arcadia has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Arcadia has a very sparse population density of 88.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arcadia have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Arcadia has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.97%.