Senior Living in Arcadia, Michigan
Top zip codes in Arcadia, MI: 49613
- Arcadia scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Arcadia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Frankfort Pines, Cherry Hill Haven, and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital LTCU/Living and Rehabilitaion Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (54% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Arcadia Bluffs Golf Course, Chestnut Hills Golf Course, and County Highlands Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Hopkins Park, Hopkins Park Campground, and Betsie River Camp Site.
- There are no churches in or near the city.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.95% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,597, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,524, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,366, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.48%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arcadia receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Arcadia has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Arcadia has a very sparse population density of 29.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arcadia have a long daily commute time.
- Arcadia has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.73%.