Senior Living in Archbald, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Archbald, PA: 18403
- Archbald scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Archbald scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mid-valley Hospital, Marian Community Hospital, and Allied Servs Rehab Hospital.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lackawanna Health and Rehab Center, Elmcroft of Mid Valley, and Mid-Valley Health Care Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 185 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Skyline Public Golf Course, Wemberly Hills Golf Course, and Scottish Glen Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Archbald Pothole State Park, Clayton Park Recreational Area, and Varden Conservation Area.
- There are 80 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s of Czestochowa, St Mary\'s Rectory, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 68 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.40% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,313, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,441, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,769, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.00%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Archbald receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Archbald has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Archbald has a sparse population density of 297.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Archbald have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Archbald has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.41%.