Senior Living in Archbold, Ohio
Top zip codes in Archbold, OH: 43502
- Archbold scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Archbold scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Fulton County Health Center, Henry County Hospital, Inc, and Henry County Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fairlawn Retirement Community, Heartland of Wauseon, and Wauseon Senior Villas.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverside Greens, Ironwood Golf Course, and Old Pines Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Harrison Lake State Park and Camp Palmer).
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including St James Lutheran Church, St Martins Lutheran Church, and St Peters Catholic Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.12% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,350, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,911, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,154, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,060 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,554 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Archbold receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Archbold has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Archbold has a sparse population density of 100.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Archbold have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Archbold has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.08%.