Senior Living in Archer, Iowa
Top zip codes in Archer, IA: 51231
- Archer scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Archer scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Baum Harmon Mercy Hospital and Sanford Sheldon Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Primghar Rehabilitation and Care Center, Pride Group @ Primghar, and Prairie View Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Primghar Golf & Country Club, Sheldon Golf & Country Club, and Sanborn Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Primghar City Park, Mill Creek State Park, and Hills Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Archer Reformed Church, Archer Reformed Church, and United Church of Primghar.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,136, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,500, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,135, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Archer receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Archer has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Archer has a very sparse population density of 10.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Archer have a short daily commute time.
- Archer has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.92%.