Senior Living in Archer, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Archer, NE: 68816
- Archer scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Archer scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Litzenberg Memorial County Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cottonwood Estates, Litzenberg Memorial County Hospital, and Central City Care Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley View Golf Club, Pawnee Hills Golf Club, and St. Paul Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kernel Field, South Park, and Valley View Country Club.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Archer-zion United Methodist).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.81% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,727, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,544, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,422, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,847 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,970 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Archer receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Archer has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Archer has a very sparse population density of 4.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Archer have a very short daily commute time.
- Archer has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.96%.