Senior Living in Ardara, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ardara, PA: 15615
- Ardara scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ardara scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Western Pennsylvania Hosp Forbes Regional Campus, Healthsouth Grtr Pitts Rehab, and Upmc Mckeesport.
- There are 101 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Briarcliff Pavilion Health and Rehabilitation Center, Point Pleasant, and Redstone Highlands.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 450 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 118 golf courses in or around the city, including Carradam Golf Club, Lincoln Hills Country Club, and Irwin Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including White Oak Park, Renziehausen Park, and Bushy Run Battlefield.
- There are 294 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s United Church, Christian Life Church, and Level Green Presbyterian Chr.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 155 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 158 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,485, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,559, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,387, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ardara receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ardara has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Ardara has a sparse population density of 393.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ardara have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Ardara has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.