Senior Living in Arden, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Arden, NC: 28704
- Arden scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Arden scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Thoms Rehabilitation Hospital, Park Ridge Hospital, and Park Ridge Hospital.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heather Glen at Ardenwoods, Ardenwoods, and Brookdale-Asheville Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 320 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Brookwood Golf Club, Biltmore Forest Country Club, and High Vista Country Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including The North Carolina Arboretum, Rutledge Lake RV Resort, and Asheville\'s Bear Creek RV Park & Campground.
- There are 97 churches in or near the city, including Arden Seventh-Day Adventist, Biltmore Baptist Church, and Arden First Baptist Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 137 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,192, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,222, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,419, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.04%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arden receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Arden has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Arden has an average population density of 571.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arden have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Arden has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.97%.