Senior Living in Ardmore, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Ardmore, OK: 73401
- Ardmore scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Ardmore scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Memorial Health Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Whispering Oaks, Woodview Home, and Lakeland Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Dornick Hills Golf & Country Club, Lake Murray State Park Golf Course, and Lakeview Golf Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Walker Park, Central Park, and CHICKASAW Hills.
- There are 7 churches in or near the city, including Asbury United Methodist Church, Bethel Assembly of God, and Amazing Grace Pentecostal Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,879, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $40,962, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,708, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.91%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ardmore receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ardmore has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Ardmore has a sparse population density of 106.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ardmore have a very short daily commute time.
- Ardmore has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.37%.