Senior Living in Ardmore, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ardmore, PA: 19003
- Ardmore scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ardmore scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 59 hospitals within close range of the city, including Main Line Hospital Lankenau, Mercy Community Hospital, and Main Line Hospital Bryn Mawr Campus.
- There are 232 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunrise of Haverford, Sunrise of Haverford, and Bryn Mawr Terrace.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1626 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 175 golf courses in or around the city, including East Course at Merion Golf Club, Llanerch Country Club, and Overbrook Golf Club.
- There are 30 parks near the city center, including Smith Memorial Playground & Playhouse, Clark Park, and Rose Tree Park.
- There are 766 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Episcopal Church, St George\'s Episcopal Church, and Mt Calvary Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1111 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 49 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 471 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,810, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,396, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,516, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.06%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ardmore receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ardmore has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Ardmore has a dense population density of 6,446.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ardmore have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Ardmore has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.91%.