Senior Living in Arena, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Arena, WI: 53503
- Arena scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Arena scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greenway Terrace, Greenway Manor, and Meadows Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including House On The Rock Resort, The (Front/Back Course at House On The Rock Resort, The), Deer Valley Golf Course, and Westbrook Hills Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Tower Hill State Park, Endless Valley Stables, and Pleasant Valley Conservancy State Natural Area.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Arena Congregational Church, Arena Bible Church, and Spring Green Community Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.62% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.88% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,570, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,636, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,638, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,900 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,991 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $61,501 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.32%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arena receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Arena has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Arena has a very sparse population density of 34.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arena have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Arena has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.78%.