Senior Living in Argos, Indiana
Top zip codes in Argos, IN: 46501
- Argos scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Argos scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Joseph\'s Regional Medical Center - Plymouth, Behavioral Hlthcare Of Indiana, and Woodlawn Hospital.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Miller\'s Merry Manor, Millers Senior Living Community, and Miller\'s Merry Manor Culver.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Maxinkuckee Country Club, Culver Academies Golf Course, and Mystic Hills Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Campers Roost, Lakeview Campground, and Menominee Wetland Conservation Area.
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including Walnut Church of Brethren, Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Mary\'s of the Lake Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,072, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,452, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,440, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.13%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Argos receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Argos has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Argos has a very sparse population density of 55.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Argos have a long daily commute time.
- Argos has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.82%.