Senior Living in Argyle, Iowa
Top zip codes in Argyle, IA: 52619
- Argyle scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Argyle scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Keokuk Area Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Donnellson Health Center, Montrose Health Center, Inc., and Clark County Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Acres Country Club, Elks Fairview Golf Course, and Keokuk Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Glasscock\'s Shooting Preserves, Shimek State Forest - Lick Creek Unit, and Battle of Athens State Historic Site.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Argyle Pres Church, United Church of Christ, and Argyle Presbyterian Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,821, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,375, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,789, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.92%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Argyle receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Argyle has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Argyle has a very sparse population density of 16.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Argyle have a very long daily commute time.
- Argyle has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.25%.