Senior Living in Arkansaw, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Arkansaw, WI: 54721
- Arkansaw scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Arkansaw scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Chippewa Valley Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Plum City Care Center, Chippewa Valley Hospital, and Assisted Living of Durand.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Durand\'s Rolling Greens, Chippewa Valley Golf Club, and Menomonie Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Plum Creek Woods State Natural Area, Nugget Lake County Park, and Five-Mile Bluff Prairie State Natural Area.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including St John the Baptist Catholic, Sacred Heart of Jesus Church, and St Peter Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.56% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,407, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,625, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,851, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arkansaw receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Arkansaw has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Arkansaw has a very sparse population density of 21.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arkansaw have an average daily commute time.
- Arkansaw has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.53%.