Senior Living in Arlington, Kansas
Top zip codes in Arlington, KS: 67514
- Arlington scores lower than the Kansas average of 73.
- Arlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Prairie Sunset Home and Wheatlands Health Care Center)
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Carey Park Golf Course, Links at Pretty Prairie, The, and Kingman Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Concrete Designs, Boy Scouts Camp Kanza, and Links At Pretty Prairie.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Abbyville Community Church, Legacy Bible Church, and Bethany Church of Nazarene.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There is 1 grocery store within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,135, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,716, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.20%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Arlington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Arlington has a very sparse population density of 8.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arlington have a short daily commute time.
- Arlington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.99%.