Senior Living in Arlington, Massachusetts
- Arlington scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Arlington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 49 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mclean Hospital, Winchester Hospital, and Mount Auburn Hospital.
- There are 254 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brightview Arlington Assisted Living, Park Avenue Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, and Sunrise of Arlington .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1431 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 163 golf courses in or around the city, including Winchester Country Club, Belmont Country Club, and Fresh Pond Golf Course.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including Beaver Brook Reservation, Davis Square, and Mount Auburn Cemetery.
- There are 656 churches in or near the city, including St Agnes Catholic Church, St Camillus Parish, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 819 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 51 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 617 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $105,678, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $85,549, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $47,606, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $148,738 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $60,632 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.83%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arlington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Arlington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Arlington has a very dense population density of 8,258.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arlington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Arlington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.82%.