Senior Living in Arlington, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Arlington, MN: 55307
- Arlington scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Arlington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Sibley Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Fairview, Good Samaritan Society - Arlington, and Golden Hearts.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Winthrop Golf Club, Glencoe Country Club, and Shoreland Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Revanche WMA, Oak Leaf Park, and Glencoe Country Club.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Arlington Aliance Church, Arlington United Methodist Church, and United Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.70% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,331, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,224, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,934, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Arlington has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Arlington has a very sparse population density of 41.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arlington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Arlington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.96%.