Senior Living in Arlington, Texas
- Arlington scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Arlington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Medical Center Of Arlington, and Baylor Orthopedic And Spine Hospital At Arlington.
- There are 163 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Bethesda Gardens of Arlington, Brookdale Arlington, and Autumn Leaves of Arlington.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 798 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Shady Valley Golf Club, Arlington Family Golf Center, and Meadowbrook Golf Course.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Dallas / Arlington KOA, College Hills Park, and Treetops Carefree RV Resort.
- There are 353 churches in or near the city, including Covenant United Methodist Chr, Advent Lutheran Church, and Woods Chapel Baptist Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 358 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 197 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,394, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,668, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,525, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.44%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arlington receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Arlington has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Arlington has a dense population density of 3,897.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arlington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Arlington has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 83.35%.