Senior Living in Arlington, Virginia
- Arlington scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Arlington scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 35 hospitals within close range of the city, including Northern Virginia Comm Hosp, George Washington Univ Hospital, and Columbia Hospital For Women.
- There are 262 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Community Resdnc, Brookdale Arlington, and Regency Care of Arlington.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1558 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Arlington Course at Army Navy Country Club - Arlington, Washington Golf & Country Club, and East Potomac Public Golf Course -Blue.
- There are 51 parks near the city center, including Lyon Park Community House, National 9/11 Pentagon Memorial, and US Marine Corps War Memorial.
- There are 1674 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Baptist Church, Macedonia Baptist Church, and Arlington Baptist Church.
- There are 34 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1002 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 65 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 466 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.55% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.80% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $131,008, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $105,272, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $60,793, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.41%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arlington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Arlington has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Arlington has a very dense population density of 10,207.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arlington have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Arlington has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.62%.