Senior Living in Armagh, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Armagh, PA: 15920
- Armagh scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Armagh scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Torrance State Hospital, Indiana Regional Medical Center, and Upmc Lee Regional.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Zele\'s Boarding Home, Close To Home, and Beacon Ridge Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Golf Course, Chestnut Ridge Course at Chestnut Ridge Golf Club, and Champion Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including L & M Campgrounds, Saylor Park, and Yellow Creek State Park.
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Seward United Methodist Church, St Timothy & Mark Church, and Logan John A.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,947, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,068, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,416, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.76%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Armagh receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Armagh has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Armagh has a sparse population density of 118.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Armagh have an average daily commute time.
- Armagh has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.72%.