Senior Living in Armington, Illinois
Top zip codes in Armington, IL: 61721
- Armington scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Armington scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Hopedale Medical Complex).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Symphony of Lincoln, Timber Creek Village of Lincoln, and St Clara\'s Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Bluegrass Creek Golf Course, North Greens Golf Course, and Lincoln Elks Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Kentuckiana Kampground, Sugar Grove Nature Center, and Funks Grove Nature Preserve.
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Horner John L, St John United Church-Christ, and Minier Assembly of God Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,245, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,688, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,591, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,140 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.10%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Armington receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Armington has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Armington has a very sparse population density of 17.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Armington have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Armington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.98%.