Senior Living in Armstrong, Missouri
Top zip codes in Armstrong, MO: 65230
- Armstrong scores lower than the Missouri average of 72.
- Armstrong scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pierce Home, Golden Livingcenter-Glasgow, and Ashbury Heights.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 8 golf courses in or around the city, including Salisbury Municipal Golf Course, Moberly Country Club, and Timber Lake Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Heggemeier Game Farm & Kennels, Lewis Mill Access, and Stump Island Recreation Park.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Churches).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,982, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,560, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,001, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,640 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,955 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,490 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.77%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Armstrong receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Armstrong has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Armstrong has a very sparse population density of 10.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Armstrong have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Armstrong has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.10%.