Senior Living in Arnett, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Arnett, WV: 25007
- Arnett scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Arnett scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Beckley Va Medical Center, Beckley Arh Hospital, and Raleigh General Hospital.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Harper Mills and Pine Lodge)
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 108 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Clear Fork Valley Country Club, Black Knight Country Club, and Saddlebred Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Hidden Valley Golf, Lake Stephens Marina, and Lake Stephens Campground.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Arnett Assembly of God, Arnett Chapel Community Church, and Adkins Donald E.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,307, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,909, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,107, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $32,850 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.55%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arnett receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Arnett has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Arnett has a sparse population density of 114.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arnett have a very short daily commute time.
- Arnett has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 74.32%.