Senior Living in Artesia, California
Top zip codes in Artesia, CA: 90701
- Artesia scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Artesia scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 37 hospitals within close range of the city, including College Hospital, Tri-city Regional Medical Center, and La Palma Intercommunity Hospital.
- There are 629 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Founder\'s House of Hope, Artesia Christian Home, and Windsor Palms Care Center of Artesia.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1908 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 133 golf courses in or around the city, including Cerritos Iron-Wood Nine Golf Course, Heartwell Golf Course, and Norwalk Golf Center.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks & Mortuaries, All Souls Catholic Cemetery & Mausoleum, and Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden.
- There are 526 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Christian Ctr, Artesia-Cerritos Methodist Chr, and First Baptist Church-Artesia.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1212 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 61 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 443 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $72,536, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,534, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,392, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $97,638 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,760 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.56%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Artesia receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Artesia has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Artesia has a very dense population density of 10,178.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Artesia have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Artesia has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 75.57%.