Senior Living in Artie, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Artie, WV: 25008
- Artie scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Artie scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Montgomery General Hospital, Inc, Beckley Va Medical Center, and Beckley Arh Hospital.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hilltop Center, Harper Mills, and Summit at Hidden Valley.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 107 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Black Knight Country Club, Saddlebred Golf Club, and White Oak Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Stanley Heirs Park, Plum Orchard Lake Wildlife Management Area, and Upper Big Branch Miners Memorial Plaza.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Arnett Assembly of God, and Arnett Chapel Community Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,421, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,385, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,347, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $32,850 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,355 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Artie receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Artie has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Artie has a very sparse population density of 18.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Artie have a very short daily commute time.
- Artie has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.00%.