Senior Living in Arvada, Colorado
- Arvada scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Arvada scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 16 hospitals within close range of the city, including Exempla Lutheran Medical Center, Cleo Wallace Centers Hospital, and Centura Health-st Anthony North Hospital.
- There are 215 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arvada Estates, Gardens On Quail, and Care Group at Indian Tree, LLC.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 840 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Cottonwood/Silo Course at West Woods Golf Club, Eighteen Hole Course at Indian Tree Golf Club, and Lake Arbor Golf Course.
- There are 26 parks near the city center, including Two Ponds National Wildlife Refuge, West Woods Golf Course, and Westminster Hills Off-Leash Dog Park.
- There are 507 churches in or near the city, including Centerpoint Community Church, Ward Road Baptist Church, and Arvada Church of Christ.
- There are 14 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 378 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 33 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 235 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,548, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,886, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,522, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,295 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.59%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Arvada receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Arvada has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Arvada has a dense population density of 3,104.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Arvada have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Arvada has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.33%.