Senior Living in Ashburn, Virginia
- Ashburn scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Ashburn scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Graydon Manor, Reston Hospital Center, and Inova Loudoun Hospital.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Erickson Retirement Communities, Ashby Ponds, and Leisure World Clubhouse West.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 299 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (12% of residents).
- There are 99 golf courses in or around the city, including Brambleton Regional Park Golf Course, Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course, and Island Course at Lowes Island Club at Cascades.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Brambleton Golf Course, Claude Moore Park, and McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 114 churches in or near the city, including Ashburn Presbyterian Church, Christian Fellowship Church, and St David\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 158 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $145,933, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $130,468, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $49,369, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.08%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashburn receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashburn has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ashburn has a dense population density of 2,230.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashburn have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Ashburn has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.56%.