Senior Living in Ashby, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Ashby, MN: 56309
- Ashby scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Ashby scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Prairie Ridge Hospital And Health Services).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ashby Living Center, Carriage Lane Adult Foster Care, and The Care Campus - Evansville Senior Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Tipsinah Mounds Golf Course, Red Rock Golf Course, and Balmoral Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Ashby Resort & Campground, Prairie Cove Campground & RV Park, and Tipsinah Mounds Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Lakeview Assembly of God and Our Lady of Seven Dolors Parish Office).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,499, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,464, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,848, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.61%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashby receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashby has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ashby has a very sparse population density of 21.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashby have a very long daily commute time.
- Ashby has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.25%.