Senior Living in Asheville, North Carolina
- Asheville scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Asheville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Memorial Mission Hospital And Asheville Surgery Ce, Thoms Rehabilitation Hospital, and Asheville-oteen Va Medical Center.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Asheville Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Mission Hosp-Mahac, and Nutz R Us.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 327 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Biltmore Forest Country Club, Great Smokies Holiday Inn Sun Spree Resort, and Buncombe County Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including ScreenDoor, Carrier Park, and Wilson\'s Riverfront RV Park.
- There are 119 churches in or near the city, including Oteen Baptist Church, Warren Wilson Presbyterian Chr, and Grassy Branch Baptist Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 125 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,338, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,289, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,759, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.17%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Asheville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Asheville has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Asheville has an average population density of 1,233.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Asheville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Asheville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.39%.