Senior Living in Ashfield, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ashfield, PA: 18212
- Ashfield scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ashfield scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, Palmerton Hospital, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Summit at Blue Mountain, Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re, and The Village at Palmerton.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Indian Mountain Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, Lehigh Gorge State Park, and Beltzville State Park.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, St Paul\'s Evangelical Church, and St Matthew\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 24 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $47,202, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,156, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,162, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 8% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashfield receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashfield has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ashfield has a very sparse population density of 76.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashfield have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ashfield has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.42%.