Senior Living in Ashkum, Illinois
Top zip codes in Ashkum, IL: 60911
- Ashkum scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Ashkum scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Prairieview Lutheran Home, A Merkle C Knipprath N H, and Gilman Healthcare Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Shagbark Golf Course, Kankakee Country Club, and Kankakee Elks Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Spring Creek R.V. Park and Lake Arrowhead Camp Ground).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, Zion Lutheran Parsonage, and The St Peter S Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 4 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,080, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,114, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,720, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.34%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashkum receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashkum has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Ashkum has a very sparse population density of 21.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashkum have a short daily commute time.
- Ashkum has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.82%.