Senior Living in Ashland City, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Ashland City, TN: 37015
- Ashland City scores significantly lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Ashland City scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Centennial Medical Center Of Ashland City).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillcrest Healthcare Center, Vantage Pointe Village at Ashland City, and Christian Care Center of Cheatham County.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Sycamore Valley Golf Course, Through the Green - Highland Rim, and Mccabe Field Golf Course -Middle Nine.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Cheatham Wildlife Management Area, Bull Run Recreation Area, and Marrowbone Lake.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Free Will Baptist Chr, Bethlehem Free Will Baptist, and First Baptist-Ashland City.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,132, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,018, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,136, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,950 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,950 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.20%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashland City receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashland City has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Ashland City has a sparse population density of 111.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashland City have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ashland City has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.81%.