Senior Living in Ashland, Missouri
Top zip codes in Ashland, MO: 65010
- Ashland scores significantly higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Ashland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Boone Hospital Center, University Of Missouri Health Care, and Women\'s And Children\'s Hospital.
- There are 30 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ashland Healthcare, Ashland Villa, Assisted Living By Americare, and Bluegrass Terrace.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Eagle Knoll Golf Club, Columbia Golf & Country Club, and Stephens College Country Club.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Green Conservation Area, Cooper\'s Landing Campgrounds & Marina, and Rock Quarry Park.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including Nashville Baptist Church, Ashland Baptist Church, and New Salem Baptist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.08% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,206, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,176, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,111, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,640 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $60,955 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,490 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashland has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ashland has a very sparse population density of 93.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashland have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ashland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.90%.