Senior Living in Ashland, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Ashland, NE: 68003
- Ashland scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Ashland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oxbow Living Center, Ashland Care Center, and Gretna Care Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Iron Horse Golf Club, Ashland Country Club, and Country Drive Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Linoma Beach Campground, Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, and Lakeside Campground.
- There are 19 churches in or near the city, including American Lutheran Church Elca, American Lutheran Church, and Ashland Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.86% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,700, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,396, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,704, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $82,125 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,380 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.49%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashland receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Ashland has a very sparse population density of 34.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashland have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Ashland has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.84%.