Senior Living in Ashland, Ohio
Top zip codes in Ashland, OH: 44805
- Ashland scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Ashland scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Samaritan Hospital - Peoples Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Good Shepherd, Crystal Care Center of Ashland, and Lutheran Village of Ashland.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Brookside Golf Course, Country Club of Ashland, and Paradise Hills Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Charles Mill Lake Park and Hidden Acres Campground).
- There are 13 churches in or near the city, including Polk Church of Christ, Fry Clyde C, and Mansfield Baptist Temple.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.83% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,207, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,698, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,271, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.35%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashland receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Ashland has a sparse population density of 211.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashland have a very short daily commute time.
- Ashland has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.12%.