Senior Living in Ashley, Illinois
Top zip codes in Ashley, IL: 62808
- Ashley scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Ashley scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Washington County Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Village Apartments I-Nashville, Friendship Manor , and Cila Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Nashville Municipal Golf Course, Red Hawk Country Club, and Meadow Woods Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Washington County State Conservation Area).
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Friendship Church of Christ).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.13% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,917, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,068, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,267, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashley receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashley has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ashley has a very sparse population density of 19.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashley have a long daily commute time.
- Ashley has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.72%.