Senior Living in Ashley, Indiana
Top zip codes in Ashley, IN: 46705
- Ashley scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Ashley scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Cameron Memorial Community Hospital Inc, Parkview Noble Hospital, and Community Hosp Of Noble County.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Terrace Garden Suites, Alternative Lifestyles, and Betz Nursing Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Cold Springs Golf Course, Lake James Golf Club, and Bledsoe\'s Lakeview Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Miller\'s Happy Acres Campground and Camp Indogan).
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Ashley Church of God, New Hope Christian Ctr, and United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,804, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,731, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,570, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.86%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashley receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashley has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Ashley has a very sparse population density of 79.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashley have a very short daily commute time.
- Ashley has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.39%.