Senior Living in Ashley, Ohio
Top zip codes in Ashley, OH: 43003
- Ashley scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Ashley scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Grady Memorial Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ashley Manor - In Delaware County, Bennington Glen Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Sarah Moore Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 76 golf courses in or around the city, including Kings Mill Golf Club, Hidden Valley Golf Course, and Oakhaven Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Delaware State Park, Cardinal Center Campground, and Garden Soil Supply.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Grace Baptist Church, Delaware Grace Brethren Church, and St Mary Catholic Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.72% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,400, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,021, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,652, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.81%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashley receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashley has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Ashley has a very sparse population density of 86.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashley have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ashley has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.76%.